I suggest you ...

Passwords, views, and Joins?

Would it be possible to get password protection on the DB and web app? When you're importing/editing through the web app, anyone can connect and freely do the same if they're on your network.

Something like an INNER JOIN to link matches from another table, or a linked lookup field to another table would also be good. Ex: If I have a person who works for a certain company, instead of the entire address of the company, I'd have the company name as a lookup, and a link to that company's entry in another table complete with the address and comments about the company. A join would link all of that info as part of the view where company = (company name).

Lastly, I'd like to see a grid/table view on the device itself, if possible. (Not a huge deal, but being able to see more than one field in widescreen and scroll down would be nice without needing the web app.

I'm really glad to see there's documentation coming. I took a leap of faith to buy this app, and have been using it over the weekend and trying some imports. It's worked so far for what I'm trying to do. The silent video helped somewhat.

39 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul commented  · 

I would also like to see password protection for a database added.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, please add password protecting of the database.
        I like this app

• hdlopes commented  · 

I vote for the INNER JOIN. It would be useful to export the data after the join, to get all the information in one row, for using in a spreadsheet, for example.

• Luke H commented  · 

We need ability to add 2nd or 3rd field to a view

• jrhurley commented  · 

Good idea re: password protecting the database. I also think a grid/table view would be good; even if it's just the ability to add a second or third field to a view.

Feedback and Knowledge Base