I suggest you ...

Enhancements to list view

"Group" capability using the same component used in contacts app (users grouped by the letter their name starts with).

I also quite like the feature in Bento where you can display a "Secondary Field" in addition to the record name/title.

21 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dennis Lobrinck commented  · 

I fully support the request for a Group capability and for a Secondary field.

But what is even more important for me is to show in the view the field(s) by which I sort the view!
        E.g I have created a Movie Database and each Movie belongs to a genre. I would like to create a view that sorts the list of movies by the different genres. But this is only helpful if I can see the genre in the view. Otherwise I still don't know to which genre the movie belongs

• Mitch Olson commented  · 

When grouping by a date field my first preference would be to group by the month(date), but I can see how other people might like to group by the year(date) or week(date). Also the group-by field should ideally not have to be the same as the primary viewed field - eg. I have a database of upcoming movies I want to see. I would like it grouped by month, but to see the movie title as the list item within each month grouping

Feedback and Knowledge Base